Saturday, March 31, 2007

Life in the Ridge

Preface: If you see my oldest child and his lips are swollen, laugh all you want. The doorknob just tried to suck them off with the vaccum cleaner attachment. I am so NOT kidding.

Has it been a whole week? Well by golly, I guess it has. My bad!!!

Monday, Joshua spent the school day at St. Mary's. I left work early to meet with him and Sr. Anne Catherine. All in all it went pretty well. He really liked it and is excited about the potential of attending for the next two years.

Tuesday, I was up till midnight doing homework. The assignment took me 4 hours. I was so tired and so frustrated, I kept messing things up or skipping things, and had to start again.

Wednesday, Kamry had church. I dropped her off and went to the pet supply store. Kashmir got a new ball that makes noise and she enjoys throwing it up in the air. As soon as it leaves her mouth, she runs to where she thinks it should land and pounces. I went back to get Kamry from church and went to Ali's to drop off around 10 bags of clothes that I could no longer wear. Her dad has been in the hospital for the last week and they thought he would be coming home on Thursday so they were trying to get furniture moved around to accomodate him. I assisted them in moving the television to a spot that would make for easy watching. Can I tell you that stinkin TV weighed about 47 thousand pounds. Goodness. Hank won't make it home till about Monday. Keep him in your thoughts. Thanks.

Thursday, I had class. My computer presentations class met for the second time. Little did I know that we would have to give an impromtu presentation. Luckily, she had predetermined the subject matter. We were split up into groups of 3. I knew one of the girls I was with. The other I didn't know. I now know enough about her to make the following determinations: cute and smart don't go together for her, she sucks at giving presentations, she wrings her hands when she is nervous, if she were bald she would have nothing to play with while talking, and she is probably not going to make the greatest grade in this course. Now, I know what you are thinking..."That Kathy sure is hateful". Well, maybe you are right. But after 3 hours of hair twirling, sugary giggling, and way to much whining, you would say the same things. Praise God that our final presentation is individual and I don't have to count on her for part of my grade.

Friday, work was slow. Very slow. So slow, that it gave me ample time to complete my music appreciation concert report. I am curious as to what that grade will be. I don't know if I gave her what she wanted, but I know I hit the word count. It had to be at least 2000 words. I came in at 2140. I had a final to take for the computer presentation class and it had to be done by midnight. I got it done as one of my classmates was pulling in the driveway. She was having computer issues and needed to use mine. There was 6 tutorial exams that had to be done before you could take the final. Careena hadn't started hers. We had 4 hours to get 7 tests taken. She got done about 1045. It wouldn't have taken that long, but we talked way too much.

What did we do today? we met Ali and the kids at Sagebrush (or stagebrush as Sara called it) for lunch. After that, Josh went with them and the rest of us did yard work.


Joseph mowed

Kamry blew the leaves

And when Joseph was over it.....


....she mowed for the first time.

My yard looks great. My kids are worn out. And we are going to bed.

Peace, love, and vaccum hoses...Supervisor Whim (notice there is not a picture of me working)

1 comments:

Anne said...

Kamry with a leaf blower and a lawn mower.....That's a co-pay!