Thursday, March 22, 2007

Well crap, I guess things can only get better????

If you read my last post, then you know that last week was not the best week in the history of the world. You would think that this week would have to be an improvement, or would you???

My lovely babies are on Spring Break this week. I knew it was going to a long week when Monday started with the first of 47 (being sarcastic here) phone calls. What could be so important? Apparently the fact that one child had the audacity to breathe another child's air, or be in the same room, or any number of such offenses was grounds for an immediate call complete with whining. All calls ended the same way. Is anyone bleeding? throwing up? dying? No??? Then I have work to do. Buh-bye.

I learned this week that unless you tell your 14-year-old to tell his 9-year-old sister to get dressed and brush her hair, that you will come home to find her still in her pajamas, hair as big as Diana Ross, and without any shoes on. Did I mention she was outside this way? Yeah, uh huh, she was. This is a true story. No names have been changed to protect the innocent. They are hardly innocent. I wonder sometimes what planet my kids came from. They can be as dumb as a box of rocks sometimes.

I learned this week that the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and that sometimes, the wheel gets promoted and put on a classy car that can really get it where it wants to go. With this lesson came the realization that the old car takes things personally and can get quite bitchy. But, in "squeaky wheel world", the old cars issues are not the squeaky wheels problem. The squeaky wheel has to consider all the possibilities the classy car has to offer. Now the wheel doesn't want to go and do something stupid like throwing off lug nuts that it might need later, but the wheel does have to look out for itself. Now, the wheel has not gotten moved to the classy car yet and there is no time frame along with no guarantees. The offer of the classy car is unofficial at this point and has merely been talked about by the classy car. However, the classy car is very highly thought of and so the chances of it actually going through are quite high. I guess we will have to see how the tread wears and what kind of gas mileage we get.

All will be happy to know that Hootie Bootie (Arissa) was released from Children's late morning on Tuesday. Praise the Lord!! I know that Anne was glad to get home and if nothing else, sleep in a real bed, her bed. We are very thankful that our girl is feeling better and got to come home. As much fun as it can be to have complete control over a bed that moves 62 directions, there is no place like home and your own bed, even if it only has one direction -- flat!

My psycho puppy has a vet appointment on Saturday. Carol and Maddi will be joining us for Maddi's first round of baby shots. This should be fun as the only thing these two puppies like to do when they are together is wrestle and chew. I wonder if Maddi will bow up in the door way like her sister. Kashmir sat her butt down literally in the doorway and refused to walk any further. She had never been to the vet before. How did she know what was waiting for her on the other side of the door??? My mom insists they have a sense about it. I am pretty sure she's right.

Kamry is spending the rest of the week and weekend with her dad. I didn't even have to ask if she wanted to go. She couldn't get packed quick enough. I think she needed to get away from her big brothers and go be the big sister for a little while. I guess it is much easier to boss then to be bossed. Can't say that I blame her.

I am very grateful that tomorrow is Friday. This week has been very trying.

I feel like the only thing I do is get on here and whine about my kids and my awful life. My life isn't awful and neither are my kids (most of the time). Without my babies, my life would be boring and I wouldn't have anything to write about. Life is good. It is what you make of it. I choose to make mischief and drama. Just playing. Every one that I know can always use a little more peace, a lot more time, and a little extra cash in the bank wouldn't hurt either.


The Chain Gang at the Aquarium


Please keep my friend, Alison, in your thoughts and prayers. She goes back to court tomorrow about the kids. Nothing is guaranteed and anything can happen. Pray that the judge uses the logical and compassionate parts of his brain and gives the kids what they need most. The love and stability of Alison. She is a shining example of nurture over nature. Biology does not make a parent, DNA does not bind a family. A true parent loves their kids enough to do what is right and realize its about the kids, not the adult.



I need to go to bed. I have phone calls to receive, oil to be applied, and prayers to say tomorrow.
Thanks for tuning in again.

Peace, love, and classy cars.....Squeaky Whim

1 comments:

MomToHunter said...

Kathy, How do you come up with these things? You and Anne were cut from the same Creative Writing Cloth. I did not recieve this gene.
I have one other question. What the heck are you talking about with the squeaky wheel analogy? Is it work related?
Love you bunches and Maddi is ready for her vet appointment. She is excited to actually ride in the car and not be placed in the "torture chamber" while Mommy is gone to work. (Bring your camera, I am sure there will be some sort of Kodak moment)