Saturday, March 10, 2007

Petsmart, Wal-Mart, Will you be my mommy

As we have discussed before, we have a fairly new puppy in our house. She turned 2 months old on the 3rd of March. Kashmir was one out of a litter of NINE. Jessica had great luck finding homes for all but one lonely little girl. Enter Aunt Carol.
Aunt Carol apparently caught the puppy bug and commenced to questioning Aunt Anne about said canine over lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. Anne assured Carol she would persue the availability of the puppy. They parted ways and Carol waited anxiously to hear one way or the other. Anne got to me before Carol and informed me that if Carol were to call, that the puppy had already been given away. She told me to call Jessica about the puppy and arrange for pick up or delivery of her. Jessica agreed to bring her to me when I got off work.

I'm getting a new Mommy. I can hardly contain my excitement.
We left my office and the puppy and I were off to Petsmart for some essentials. We picked out chew toys, a harness, food and water bowls, and a retractable leash. After much doting by most of the staff, we were off to pick up Anne. Well, as we all know, Petsmart is way more expensive for dog food than Wal-Mart. So a trip there was in order.

No-Name and Arissa waiting outside Wal-Mart.

Anne and Isaiah went in to get the remaining needed items while Arissa and I tried in vain to get No-Name (merely a temporary title) to use the bathroom. Well after nearly 2 hours riding in cars, she couldn't be bothered. Anne and Isaiah came out with treats, shampoo, a brush, and a VERY large bag of Puppy Chow. Oh, I almost forgot, the be all end all of her purchases, a puppy t-shirt. For No-Name, not Carol.


Off to Harriman we go. We knew that Carol would be home and definitely not expecting us, so the plans were working out perfectly. Anne had brain stormed and devised the most effective way to assure it was a complete surprise. We pulled in the drive way in "stealth mode" I turned off the lights and then the car and sort of coasted in. Anne had me make a sign to put around No-Names neck. Well, since little Princess No-Name wanted no part of standing up, we had Isaiah lay down the sign and place her on top of it. He knocked on the door and stood were she could see him. As she opened the door she saw Anne and I standing there with camera's posed to catch the moment Carol saw her new companion. She looked down to see the sweetest black puppy with a note that posed the question, "Will you be my mommy?"


Well, I believe the answer was a resounding yes! Carol picked up her new baby and was blissfully happy, not to mention completely stunned.


The new Mommy and Maddi

We left the new family to get aquainted and to get some sleep. I hope Maddi slept well and didn't howl all night like her sister did her first night with us. I am a little doubtful though, considering that she slept for most of the evening leading up to her deivery.

I think the two of them will be very happy together. I think they need each other.

Peace, dog treats, and Puppy Chow....The New Aunt Whim

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You girls are hilarious in your commentaries on your blogs.And I usually need a good laugh.Well your Auntie M sure loves you all!!