Tuesday, March 6, 2007

blah blah blah and yada yada yada

So....things were kind of interesting today. Not anything major in my world, but interesting nonetheless.

This week brings our yearly bonus as well as our raise for the year. You will know how mine turns out by my Thursday post. I have no false illusions about my position in the company. I know where I rank. Let's put it this way, my bonus probably won't equal the 35% in taxes that some of the upper management will have to pay. But hey, really, I am not complaining. I never had a job before where I have gotten a bonus. It's gravy on the potatoes of life.



I had to stop at Target on my way home from work to pick up a prescription. My insurance covers generic drugs at 100%, so no cost there. However, I had to wander the store until the medicine was ready. You know what that means. 20 minutes and 88 dollars later, I was out the door. But let me tell you about my super cool purchase.

We got a puppy, Kashmir, about a week and a half ago. Now I find myself spending a fair amount of time in the dog aisle looking at treats, collars, and such. So on my jaunt down said aisle tonight, I came across doggy beds. They had numerous to choose from, however, the one that jumped in my cart was the Shabby Chic Round Dog Pillow. It is so stinking cute. I didn't mean it to happen this way, but her bed matches my quilt.



Anne came over after Isaiah's basketball game. We were putting together a template for her to use for ID badges at her office. Once we had it the way she wanted it, we were on to more important matters....blog formatting. We had fun trying to figure out how to do certain things and changing the colors to meet her tastes. I really like the way it turned out and I think she does too. Click on "A Pea in her own pod" to your right and check it out.



To close out tonights entry, I just want to say...you better check check check yourself.



PEACE OUT...Head Whim

1 comments:

Anne said...

Important footnote to doggie bed: Kashmir has to be placed upon the bed then she lays their like she is afraid to move. Like the puffy cylinder on which she is resting just might explode.
Tell Jofef Whim to announce when he is bounding up the porch steps in the dark. Lucky for him, I wasn't packing heat or things could have turned out much differently.

Before you wreckity wreck yourself,
Anne

PS. Thanks for the tech support--you are so dang smart!