Saturday, March 24, 2007

Another interesting day...

I guess I shoulda said, Another interesting 24 hours.

About 24 hours ago I was driving home from work. It was suddenly as if some force had come and sucked every bit of energy out of my body. Shortly there after I arrived home, plopped down on the couch and proceeded to sit there for the next few hours, gradually feeling more and more sick to my stomach. Ali had come over while Brandee was at soccer practice around the corner and I don't think I moved the entire time. Well, by about 11 I was face first in the toilet and can now tell you that lettuce eaten at noon is still in your guts 11 hours later. I think I freaked the boys out. Joseph wouldn't even look at me when I asked him for a wet wash cloth. I laid down and attempted to sleep the gross feeling away only to wake up an hour later with it coming back to visit via the south end. This happened every hour on the hour until about 3 am.

My alarm went off at 8 as Maddi and Kashmir had their vet appointment at 9:30. Joseph got up and went with me. Good thing he did. Those two puppies are a handful. Maddi managed to chuck in her Mommy's car just as they pulled into the parking lot. What didn't get in the seat hit the parking lot. Better luck next time with the timing. Our girls wrestled in the waiting area until they were called back. Joseph picked up Kashmir and we hoped Maddi would follow him down the hall. No such luck. In typical fashion, Miss Maddi not only bowed up at the door, she sprawled out and laid down. It was really funny. Especially when Carol didn't notice right away and she dragged her part of the way down the hall.

The tech took Maddi to be weighed. The verdict...15.4 pounds of pure feisty. She is almost 3 months old, so all in all not too bad. When they gave her the dewormer stuff, they squirted it in her mouth and she handled it like a champ. She sat like a proper little lady (just like her momma would have) and daintily lapped up the yummy yellow liquid. She got her shot and hardly said a word. What a little trooper!!

Then it was Kashmir's turn. Her weight 3 weeks ago, 9.7 pounds. Today's weight, 15.6. So nearly 6 pounds. At this rate she's gonna be a stinkin horse in 3 more months. She too is just like her momma, who can't eat a meal with out getting something on her. When they went to give her the stuff, she got it all over her face. I couldn't see her from where I was sitting, but Carol said she looked like she had been playing in yellow paint. Then came the shot. The little drama queen yelped like a big wuss. Kashmir's bonus prize was a doggie biscuit. Puker Maddi didn't get one as there were chunks of her breakfast nestled deeply between the seat and the console of her momma's car.

Upon checking out and paying our bills, I noticed that my car keys weren't in my purse. Dammit, you have got to be kidding me!!!!!! Two Saturdays in a row??? How is that possible??? I'll tell you how. I am not dumb and like to lock them up for shits and giggles. Both times I was completely distracted. Really! It's true. This not an excuse.

Last weekend Steven was gracious enough to allow me to use their AAA service. He saved my bacon (and some cheddar) last weekend. This weekend, Tammy was home and so Carol ran me up there to get my spare key. So Carol and Tammy saved my bacon (and more cheddar) this weekend.

I think I am going to put my keys on a leash, tie them to my wrist, or quit locking the car.

Carol wanted to go to Kohl's for some spring/summer wear. She left to take Maddi home and we met at the Kohl's in Farragut. We searched the clearance racks and found her some really cute capris and a couple of pairs of pants. She found some cute tops, some of which weren't on the clearance rack. She was searching high and low for a cute/pretty/girly something which she could wear for Easter as well as the other important upcoming events. She found the perfect dress, well almost perfect. She needed a size bigger, they didn't have it that store. But they had it at west town. It is really pretty and she absolutely loves it. I love it on her, but more than that, I loved the look in her eyes when I walked back in the dressing room. Her eyes were literally dancing. It wouldn't have mattered what it looked like, she was thrilled. Actually, at first I didn't notice what she had on. I noticed the look on her face.

I had a really good time hanging with her and best part of the day I will take away is a very simple line I will leave you with....Dang guurrll, you look like a hamburger on a hot dog bun!!!! No offense intended!!!

Love peace and pale pink fi-fops....Shopping Whim

P.S. Alison went to court yesterday. Everything is staying the same for now. The judge set a date for the final hearing on May 30. This is the last date that will be set and whatever decision he comes to then will be final. Say lots of prayers and have lots of good thoughts. I don't even want to think about what will happen if the judge doesn't use his brain on this one.

Love ya much!!!

1 comments:

MomToHunter said...

You made me cry. Thank you for writing those sweet things about me. I do love my dress.
Try to have a great, or okay, week.
And please, whatever you do, do not look like a hamburger in a hot dog bun!!
WORD (to ya motha)

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!