Sunday, November 4, 2007

Dryers and grades

When I awoke yesterday morning, I did what I usually do. Went potty and then started laundry. Upon getting the clothes out of the washer and placing them in the dryer, I noticed the dryer was pushed back towards the wall about 2 inches. That is not a good thing. My vent hose is, to say the least, not secured very well to the external venting. The assembly that goes from the outside to the inside and that the hose slides over is old, falling apart, and filthy. As is usual when the dryer gets moved even the slightest bit, the hose slipped off the wall piece and my laundry room was about to be a lovely sauna like temperature. I decided to go to Home Depot and got all the necessities needed for a complete overhaul. I bought all pieces needed and with some help from Joshua (fetching tools and screws) got everything switched out. I feel so good about myself when I am able to do these kinds of tasks for myself and don't have to have Daddy do it for me. It all works great and hopefully won't be falling apart anytime soon.

I got Joshua's report card just a week or so ago. He is on block scheduling so he only has 4 classes a semester. One of which is Gym/Computers/Spanish/Weight lifting (there fore not a class earning a grade). He got 3 B's. A 92, 92, and 91. Wow, is this the same kid that brought me straight F's for more than a school year? You bet it is!!!!! I knew he had it in him, and now, I am pretty sure he believes it himself. The boy is rocking and rolling right along.
Well, I am sleepy. Sleeping way late and doing a bunch of nothing all day makes me very sleepy apparently. I am hoping this week is no where near as stressful as last week. We'll see!
Love to all...ME

0 comments: