Thursday, May 24, 2007

General informational update...

The school year is coming to a close. Joshua is potentially nearing the end of his treatment journey, the end of a wretched school year, and hopefully moving into the next phase where the roads are paved in roses and daisies. We are heading out for our first camping trip of the season. My daughter is going to meet Mickey and Minnie in person on Saturday. Joseph is in anticipation of his birthday. He will turn 15 (are you kidding me????) and will be able to get his learners permit. HOLY CRAP!!!
Do you remember getting your permit? Your license? Your first car? Do you remember thinking there is no way I am driving with my parents, in their old fogey car? Joseph seems to be living in this world where his mother apparently craps money. We will be driving and I will hear, "Hey Mom, will you buy me that one?" as he points to a 2007 Escalade. I say "Sure Son, because I am only driving this 2000 Stratus to divert thieves from stealing my car." What the heck ever!!! The boy, who has neither job nor adequate funds, will be driving my car (the aforementioned 2000 model), or taking his bicycle.
We have talked about it. He doesn't get it. People who make what I make do not buy their children cars for their birthday. I will buy him his license, and I guess for a while, his insurance (until that first paycheck comes in), otherwise, I will still be the only one that can go get milk on Sunday morning so the kiddies can have cereal. That is my greatest joy of this whole next year.
When he is ready to get his actual license, his first "alone" trip will be to Kroger. Milk and eggs baby! Milk and eggs. No you may not stop by McDonalds! No you may not take Jadon with you.
So, Mickey and Minnie. I think the bigger draw there for my child is the princesses. What little girl doesn't want to meet, hug, and talk to Cinderella, Aerial, Jasmine, so on and so forth? Question, do they have Princess Fiona walking around down there? That would be so stinking cool. I would want to see her before anyone else.
Well, I have flshlights to check, supplies to prepare, and shopping to do for the weekend. Isaiah and Arissa will be going camping with us for their first time. From what I hear, they are super excited! Isaiah is stoked on not bathing for 4 days. Oh my goodness, can you say stank butt? It's ok, honey, there is a bath house, very near by. Complete with showers that even have hot water. We don't poop in buckets. We don't forage for nuts and berrys. We eat better out there than we do at home. I will only go to the bathroom in the bathroom. No leaves for this tush. I am anxious to see if they enjoy it as much as my kids do. I think they will.
I will check in upon our return and get some weekend pics put up here.
Peace, love, and s'mores....Cool Aunt Camping Whim

0 comments: