Sunday, August 5, 2007

Hi, My Name is Kathy....

...and I seem to not know how to update my blog with out being harassed!!!
I guess I should fill you in on my life lately. Well, the biggest piece of information I need to share is this....I have a new ride! Way more cool than the money sucking, constantly breaking down, my mechanic saw it more than I did Stratus. I am the proud owner (well, I will be in 5 years...I make my first payment this Thursday) of a 2002 Toyota RAV4. Or as my dad calls it, a Rava. It looks way newer than it's year of birth would lead you to beleive it is (kind of like me). As is typical Kathy style, even the purchase of the vehicle had to be a debacle.
I originally decided on July 13 (shoulda known something wasn't gonna go right) to purchase a Mazda Tribute, YOB: 2001. All was well...for about 12 hours...then, Saturday morning the engine light came on!!! WHHAAAT?? I promptly called the dealership and was told to bring it to the service department at 1 when they got back from lunch. I was there at 12:45 and waited patiently. I was cool for about the first hour and a half when the people that had come in after me were already leaving. Starting to get nervous here. Another hour passed and they finally cam to talk to me. When they send the service manager and a bunch of paperwork....worry! Well, they found a small leak in a seal that was allowing tiny drops of oil to come into contact with the spark plugs. They gave me a rental to drive till they could get it fixed. {a little back ino here...I paid about 5500 for my stratus...was paying 11000 for the Mazda} They put my rear in a 2007 pimped out Camry (MSRP: 23000). Hello!! Do I have to take it back? So anyway, that was all on Saturday. I got a call from the service manager on Monday afternoon. (2 managers from 2 different departments in 3 days...not good). When any person starts off a conversation with, "Well, I have some interesting news for you...." it causes a lump to form and then promptly commence to flipping. His next statement of, "We won't be able to sell you that car, we are sending to auction." Apparently, the engine headed south and would need to be replaced. First off, thank goodness for the lemon law, and second, thank goodness i went to a reputable dealership that was willing to stand behind the fact that even though I bought it as is, no warranty, real or implied, I deserved to have things made right.
I have always said that everything happens for a reason. The Mazda was not the ride I was meant to have. I was meant to have my Rav4. I absoultely love this vehicle. It gets great gas mileage, has all the features I need and some that I don't, has enough room for my ever increasing in height children, and came with 2 different warranties...real ones...from Toyota. I am pleased as punch and am loving driving it more and more every day.
The fly ride needs a name. I have never had a vehicle worth naming. This one is definitely nameable. Here a some pics so that you have something to go with when helping to name her. And if you know anyone that is in the market for a 2000 Dodge Stratus that won't go over 27 miles per hour...I might know someone.




0 comments: